- About the School
- Menu and Food Services
- Parent-Teacher Club (PTC)
- Clubs and Enrichments
- Dads of Great Students (DOGS)
- Photo Gallery
- Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Curricular Standards
- School Site Council (SSC)
- Parent-Student Handbook
- Parking Lot Procedures
- Supply List
- Tiger Tales
- Spirit Wear
- Text Messenger
- Past Parent Survey Results
- Class Locator Map
- Contact Us
- Student Handbook
- Student Resources
- Staff Portal
Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten registration packets will be available for pick-up on March 1, 2016. Packets must be picked up and dropped off at the student's home school.
In order to be prepared for your child's enrollment process, please read the following information.
- A child must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2015 to be enrolled in kindergarten in the fall.
- Children who turn five on or between September 2 and December 2, 2016 are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten, the first year of a two-year kindergarten program. To enroll your TK-eligible child, simply pick up, complete, and return the Kindergarten Registration packet as indicated below through your HOME ELEMENTARY SCHOOL OFFICE. Parent requests for TK class location will be considered, with first priority given to students living within the Creekside Oaks, Carlin C. Coppin, and Twelve Bridges Elementary boundaries for their home sites. However, ALL eligible TK children will have a place for enrollment. If you would like information on WPUSD Transitional Kindergarten programs for 2016/17, please click here.
- If you would like information on WPUSD Preschool programs for 2016/17, please click here .
- If you would like information on WPUSD Kindergarten Registration for 2016/17, please click here. For information in Spanish, please click here. Kindergarten registration will occur at individual elementary school sites.
- If you would like information on the elementary school attendance boundaries, please click here or contact the Transportation Department at 645-6346.
For more information about kindergarten registration, please contact Twelve Bridges Elementary School - 434-5220
Current Immunizations That Must Be Completed To Be Enrolled in a Class
- DPT - 5 doses (4 doses are acceptable if the 4th dose has been given on or after the 4th birthday)
- Polio - 4 doses (3 doses are acceptable if the 3rd dose has been given on or after the 4th birthday)
- MMR (2 doses after 1st birthday)
- Hepatitis B Series (3 dose series completed)
- Varicella (1 dose completed)
- If only the FINAL required immunization (Polio, DPT, MMR) is incomplete, the school will accept the packet, but the child will not be enrolled in a class until all the immunizations are complete. Any exceptions to this must be approved by the District Nurse.
Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2016.
Proof of Residence
Proof of residency must be dated February or March and have your home address listed. It may be one of the following:
- Utility Bill
- Rental/Lease Agreement (will suffice for 30 days after which a utility bill must be provided)
- Escrow Papers
Please note that your packet must be complete and have all materials attached as specified above. Please include copies of the immunization records, birth certificate, and proof of residence.
Parents often ask about what the actual process looks like on registration day. Here are some general descriptions of the process.
Students are placed in either a morning or afternoon kindergarten class based upon the parents order in line on registration day. We typically have about 50 morning kindergarten spots. Therefore, the first 50 parents who request morning kindergarten for their children will be granted that request. In the seven years of utilizing this process, we have been able to grant virtually every single parent request for either morning or afternoon kindergarten.
Some parents prefer to line up early (i.e 5:00 a.m.) but typically by 7:00 a.m. the line has about 50 people in it. Those who prefer afternoon kindergarten are free to wait until later in the day and avoid the long lines as the afternoon spots are readily available.
At about 8:30, we begin the registration process. At that time, parents will turn in their packets of information (see requirements above) and officially enroll their child here at TBE!
In July, we notify parents about which class their child is enrolled in to allow adequate planning time for any child-care needs. At that time, we also send out a supply list and invitation to their child's back-to-school night (held before school begins). Please note, we do not take specific teacher requests.
Hopefully, this little bit of information will be helpful as you venture into the registration process. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our front office.